The Gold Coast with its pristine beaches, glittering waters, and laid-back charm, making it a dream destination for couples seeking a romantic and unforgettable beach wedding. But planning a wedding, especially one on the sand, can feel overwhelming. Worry not, lovebirds! This guide will walk you through every step of planning the perfect beach wedding on the Gold Coast, ensuring you say “I do” with sand between your toes and love in the air.
Choose a Beach Wedding Venue
The first step to plan a perfect beach wedding on the Gold Coast is to choose a beach wedding venue that suits your style, budget, and guest list. There are many beach wedding venues on the Gold Coast, ranging from private beaches, to resorts, to function centres. Some of the top beach wedding venues on the Gold Coast are.
- Bilinga Beach Weddings: A venue that offers a private lawn for ceremonies, a spacious indoor room with a balcony, and access to the beach for photos.
- Pacific Beach Function Centre: A venue that features a large deck with panoramic ocean views, a flexible floor plan, and a self-catering kitchen.
- Hilton Surfers Paradise: A five-star hotel that offers a selection of ceremony and reception areas, including a deck overlooking the Surfers Paradise Beach, a grand ballroom, and a restaurant.
- Southport Yacht Club: A waterfront venue with stunning views of the marina, a modern function room, and a range of catering options.
- Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise: A luxury hotel with a stunning waterfront location, a weatherboard chapel, a barn house, and an outdoor option.
When choosing a beach wedding venue on the Gold Coast, you need to consider the following factors:
- The location and accessibility of the venue
- The capacity and layout of the venue
- The availability and cost of the venue
- The services and facilities of the venue
- The reviews and reputation of the venue
Apply for a Beach Wedding Permit
The second step to plan a perfect beach wedding on the Gold Coast is to apply for a beach wedding permit from the Gold Coast City Council. A beach wedding permit is a free of charge document that allows you to have a ceremony on a public beach, and ensures that your wedding does not clash with other events or activities on the beach. You need to apply for a beach wedding permit at least four weeks before your wedding date, and provide the following information:
- The date and time of your wedding
- The location and size of your wedding
- The contact details of your wedding coordinator
- The details of your wedding setup, such as chairs, arches, marquees, etc.
You can apply for a beach wedding permit online through the Gold Coast City Council website, or by contacting the council on 07 5667 5974 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hire a Beach Wedding Planner
The third step to plan a perfect beach wedding on the Gold Coast is to hire a beach wedding planner who can help you with the logistics, coordination, and styling of your wedding. A beach wedding planner is a professional who has the experience, knowledge, and contacts to make your beach wedding a breeze. A beach wedding planner can help you with the following tasks:
- Finding and booking the best beach wedding vendors, such as photographers, florists, caterers, etc.
- Creating and managing your wedding budget and timeline
- Designing and setting up your wedding theme and decor
- Handling any permits, insurance, or legal requirements
- Solving any problems or emergencies on the day of your wedding
You can find and hire a beach wedding planner on the Gold Coast through online platforms like [Wedding Hero] or [Wedding Wire], or by asking for recommendations from your friends, family, or venue.
Prepare for your Gold Coast Beach Wedding Conditions
The fourth step to plan a perfect beach wedding on the Gold Coast is to prepare for the beach wedding conditions, such as the weather, the sand, the wind, and the sun. A beach wedding can be a beautiful and memorable experience, but it can also come with some challenges and risks. Here are some tips to prepare for the beach wedding conditions :
- Check the weather forecast and tide times before your wedding, and have a backup plan in case of rain, storm, or high tide
- Choose a beach wedding dress that is light, comfortable, and easy to move in, and avoid long trains, heavy fabrics, or tight fittings
- Wear appropriate beach wedding shoes, such as sandals, flats, or barefoot sandals, and avoid heels, boots, or sneakers
- Provide your guests with beach wedding essentials, such as fans, sunglasses, sunscreen, hats, umbrellas, towels, etc.
- Use beach wedding accessories that are durable, stable, and wind-resistant, such as wooden arches, metal chairs, weighted tablecloths, etc.
- Hire a professional beach wedding sound system that can amplify your music and vows, and avoid using microphones or speakers that can be affected by the wind or the waves
Enjoy Your Beach Wedding on the Gold Coast
The final step to plan a perfect beach wedding on the Gold Coast is to enjoy your beach wedding on the Gold Coast. A beach wedding is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to celebrate your love and commitment in a stunning and natural setting. Here are some ways to enjoy your beach wedding on the Gold Coast :
- Take advantage of the beautiful scenery and capture some amazing beach wedding photos with your partner, family, and friends
- Have some fun and relax on the beach with your guests, and enjoy some beach activities, such as swimming, surfing, kayaking, etc.
- Treat yourself and your guests to some delicious beach wedding food and drinks, and choose a menu that reflects the local cuisine and culture, such as seafood, barbecue, tropical fruits, etc.
- Extend your beach wedding into a beach honeymoon, and explore the many attractions and experiences that the Gold Coast has to offer, such as theme parks, wildlife parks, shopping centres, etc.
Here are some frequently asked questions about wedding gowns and bridal dresses: